This Audi CarPlay box from Unique Auto Developments is a great alternative to an expensive MMI upgrade or navigation retrofit. This kit enables you to use your favourite navigation app on your phone, listen to music, read messages, and everything your phone can do, you can do it on your car’s factory screen and stereo.
Designed to work with the standard Symphony and Concert radios, for cars without factory fitted navigation. Retains full original factory info/radio displays on car screen. Also includes a touch screen overlay giving full touch control from the original factory screen, as well as full integration with factory steering wheel.
DIY installation is required, however fitting tools, detailed fitting instructions and walkthrough installation video are included. Reversing camera shown is sold separately. This unit can also accept both front /rear camera and 360 degree camera inputs (sold separately) – Full 1 year warranty against defects with UK based email support.
Key advantages of the Unique Auto Developments CarPlay kit include
• Full CarPlay functionality for iPhone 5 or later
• Use your favourite phone apps for GPS navigation (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps) and be notified of the live traffic information
• Allows handsfree calling and messaging
• Voice control via Siri
• Allows front/rear aftermarket camera input
• Play music from your favourite phone apps. Music comes out from Audi factory stereo system.
• Wired connection for enhanced stability and also it charges your phone at the same time
• Touch control and steering wheel control
• Easy to install. No need to remove climate control, radio unit and air vents.
• We provide an installation video and a detailed instruction.
• One year warranty and lifetime email support.
This kit fits A4 A5 with Concert or Symphony (written on your stereo).
Your A4 A5 must have a coloured screen and a media button.
Your A4 A5 must have either Aux in the menu or an AMI port (Audi Music Interface) to be able to hear the sound from CarPlay.
Installation steps overview
This Concert/Symphony kit is particular easy to install. No need to remove climate control, radio unit and air vents.
Pop out the AMI with release keys included – drop down glove box – remove the screen and connect LVDS at back of the screen – route microphone – make connections on the interface box – refit everything.